Saturday, February 26, 2011

In The Cold

Guy comes to my door last night; I think
his name was Harry.
Used to own a drycleaners uptown
a few years back.
So now he's selling cable door to door.

I says I don't need it.  He says
sure you do, everybody needs it.  I says
Frank, I don't got a TV.  He peaks
in, sees my treadmill takes up half
my living room, weight bench the other half.

Next to it got my patio table; yeah, patio table
because I felt sorry for it in the cold,
dining table with patio chairs.
That's my house.  He says

How about cable phone?  I says
what I need it for, Chuck, I got a cell phone.
Use it for work and here too.  He says

Whata ya do for a livin'?  I tells him.  Larry says
you gotta get dressed up to do that?  I says
Not anymore.  Don't even own a suit, don't
wear 'em anymore.

Too bad, he says, I know a good drycleaners.

No comments:

Post a Comment